We blogged about the building process of our house to document it for ourselves and to help others. Our house is finished and we have moved in and we love our home. Building a house isn't a process that goes perfectly, no matter what builder you pick, and this is our story. Every problem we had during the building process has been made right by Ryan homes. This isn't complaint blog, its how we felt at the time of our post during the building process.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Final Walk-Through

Today went better than expected. I'm very happy with the outcome. When we got there our PM had my list I post on my blog from yesterday (very surprised since I had posted it just yesterday, they are on top it). They wanted to make sure we were happy with everything and thought it would be best to delay closeing so they could get everything done. By no means do we want delay closeing for the items on our list. I just wanted to make sure everything on my list will be fix before or after closing. Our PM says he can get everything done before closing and I think it's possible too. If not it is not a big deal, it can be done after and we will still be happy.

We went line by line on my list. Our PM said he had never received a list like mine. I'm surprised other people don't do list like mine. I think my list made it easier to cover everything and not forget anything. Our PM had received a list of some of these items not all the week before. He had fixed somethings already on Monday since there was even more fixed than my listed had marked. Other things he had questions on what we were referring to, and we cleared up those things today. Some of things he had already told the workers to fix but they didn't understand my wording on my list. The good news is everything is going to be fixed (some didn't need to be fixed, it was just a matter of explaining). 

I was very impressed with our PM's plan of action to get everything fixed. He has cleared up my worries. We have scheduled a checkup on Friday morning before closing to sign off that everything has been taken care of. If something is not done, we will just make note, and they can take care of it after closing. I have faith our PM can get everything done right. 

The only item in question is our extra outlet in the basement. He will be going over this will the electrician, to see what happened and how it can be fixed. 

The floor in our shower will not be fixed since it was also wrong on our paperwork which we already signed. Our fault, here. Read your flooring paperwork very carefully. I thought I did, clearly didn't. 

Everything else was marked and noted on the sheet to be fixed. 

Happy camper. Can't wait to close :)


5 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I'm glad everything worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you all. Happy Closing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything went well for you! Good luck with closing and moving :)

    ReplyDelete