I have come up with a list to do as soon as we move in.
Buy washer and dryer install (the week we move in)
Buy blinds and install (most important in master bedroom and bathroom)
Put a fence in (as soon as the ground is warm enough)
Buy and install ceiling fans for family room, morning room, and master bedroom
Make pet gates for the dinning room, living room, and spare bedrooms (we don't want our dog going in rooms we won't be using regular yet)
Future to do list
Build a deck
Put in a patio
Get a new sectional for the family room
Get a new dining table for the dining room
Get new master bedroom furniture
Paint (we are going to wait the full year like they recommend)
Tile kitchen and morning room
Tile spare bathrooms
Replace vanity in spare upstairs bathroom
Redo master bedroom closet shelving
I have updated my pre-construction meeting questions since I posted. The updated list of questions is below.
· What is the estimated timeline or milestones for our build including closing date and rate lock in date?
· Can we come by the weekend before the pre dry wall inspection to take pictures and take notes ahead of time, so we aren’t rushed to get back to work from taking off that day?
· Are there Plumbing, HVAC, and Electoral plans with our options (door location changed, morning room, extended basement from morning room above, master bath, fan rough in) we can see and have copies of?
o Is the garage pre-wired for garage door switch/button and sensors?
o Is there outlet in the garage on the ceiling and wall?
o What are outdoor lights are we getting all around the house?
o Is there an outlet on the back of the house?
· After the insulation is installed but before the drywall goes up other, can we see it?
· What inspections will be happening at each stage? Can we attend if they are scheduled?
· If we want to stop by weekly to see the progress is there a day of week and time that works best not to get in the way of workers but also be allowed to check out the house?
· Will you provide us weekly update as what’s being scheduled for the week and if we are behind and how much behind?
· Project Manager, do you have any vacations plans during our build that you will unavailable?
o What are your normal work hours if we want to make plans to stop by and discuss something?
· How will the Holiday season and weather affect the schedule?
o What holidays do the workers not work on?
o What type of weather will delay what stages of the build?
· Do you expect any more county delays as for approvals after are building starts?
· What is the grading of the driveway?
· Where does our house sit on our lot?
· What is the back yard size?
· Can the Granite lip in the kitchen not be installed?
· Does the floor of the laundry room have extra support?
· Is there any insulation in the laundry Room inside walls and floor?
· Tub access panel, do we have one? If so what does it look like?
· Can the left over materials such as flooring (tile, carpet, wood, laminate) paint (wall, trim, front door), and siding be left in garage for us to have in case we need later?
· Will there be a bathroom door to the basement bathroom rough in? Will the rough in be open to the rest of the unfinished part, linking both unfinished areas together?
· Can the Light for the fan rough-ins be the closet to the door on the light switch plates, then the fan, then any others for all the rooms with fan rough-ins?
· Where if any will the electrical or cables boxes be on our lot?
· Where is the Sewer line?
· Where will the AC unit be located outside?
· Where will the water meter and electoral meter be?
· What are the Model # of water heater and HVAC?
· Will we have more than 1 HVAC unit?
· When do we point out the exact location of the cable and phone?
· HOA paperwork date estimate?
· If we see something that wrong, who do we need to talk to about getting it fix?
· Can we bring our own inspector to the pre dry all walk through?
· Where will the houses next to our house be position at?
· When will the landscaping/grass be installed after closing?
· Is it a problem if we install a fence before the grass goes in?
· Will hay be put over the dirt until sod or seed is laid?
· If water ponds in the yard (grass) will you fix this and up to how long after that grass is installed or closing date?
· Will the grass be seeded or sod?
· Is the garage at a pitch so the water can easily drain out?
· Will the Driveway be concrete or paved and when in the process of building is this done?
· Where will the hose bibs locations be in the front and back? (Not blocked by adding a deck later)
· What type of windows will be installed?
· Screen in Windows?
· Trim/crown molding on the top of the cabinets in Kitchen (saw at model) is that included in what we selected?
· Are the floorboards (subfloor) nailed glued and or screwed? Is this everywhere?
· Is there a deadbolt on the garage door, basement door, and front door?
· Will the garage be sheet-rocked and painted?
· Is there insulation in the wall between the garage and kitchen and in garage?
· How many steps will there for the front door and garage door?
· Where do all the vents lead to outside including the dryer vent?
· Do you install our Mailbox?
· Which room doors have locks?
· Where is the thermostat?
· Will you be changing the locks for us right before closing, or do we have to do that after closing?
· Where is attic (garage and house) access?
· Will there be shelves installed in all the bedroom closets and laundry room?