We blogged about the building process of our house to document it for ourselves and to help others. Our house is finished and we have moved in and we love our home. Building a house isn't a process that goes perfectly, no matter what builder you pick, and this is our story. Every problem we had during the building process has been made right by Ryan homes. This isn't complaint blog, its how we felt at the time of our post during the building process.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

We Moved In

We are now moved in. Still need to finish unpacking and get things setup, so far so good. Everything was fixed that was on my list. I’m very happy on how my PM handed my list, everything on my list was fixed by the time we moved in. Since moving in I have notice things I didn’t notice before. Like everyone says no matter how hard you look, you will miss things. Everything I missing I will bring up at our 30 day checkup. It’s small things like drywall issues and cabinets have some scratch. The only thing I didn’t like is how dirty our returns and filters were when we moved in. My husband and I both had an allergy attack the days we were moving from all the dust in filters and returns. I had pointed out dirt in one of the vents to PM and he fixed it, but I didn’t check the returns until after we moved it. Not that big of a deal, we vacuumed out the returns and replaced the filters, and it fixed our allergy problem. We also have no internet or TV still after 3 cancelled appointments with Comcast. Hopefully the next appointment with Comcast will go better, because using my cell phone for everything is killing my data. My main concern is different in temperance in 2nd floor then the 1st  floor and basement. The 2nd is 78 when basement and 1st floor is 70. I know warm air rises, but 8 degrees is little much.  We plan adjust the dampers this weekend to hopefully fix this problem, if not I'm sure our PM can tell us if we need to make service call or if we need to adjust something else. 

My advice for getting things fixed before closing is send a list with picture of issues to the PM as you see them. Don't feel like you have to wait until the final walk through to say what's wrong. Spend time in each room and bring a light, it's hard to see in the rooms with no lights until you move in and install lights. 

Ones we get settled in we will post picture. 

8 comments:

  1. Sorry for all the trouble getting your service installed. If you need assistance please feel free to contact us at we_can_help@comcast.com with your information.

    Kind Regards,

    Comcast Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! It's nice to hear everything is going well. It's exhausting but it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for all the trouble getting your service installed. If you need assistance please feel free to contact us at we_can_help@comcast.com with your information.

    Kind Regards,

    Comcast Cassie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's be real, "Comcast Cassie." If you had any interest in customer service, you would have done things right the first time, not cancelled three appointments. Just sayin'.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new home and getting settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! Glad the PM took care of everything for you all. Keep those lists going as you will see even more by your last inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Welcome to the neighborhood!!! :) We will have to set up a cookout before the end of summer!

    ReplyDelete