We blogged about the building process of our house to document it for ourselves and to help others. Our house is finished and we have moved in and we love our home. Building a house isn't a process that goes perfectly, no matter what builder you pick, and this is our story. Every problem we had during the building process has been made right by Ryan homes. This isn't complaint blog, its how we felt at the time of our post during the building process.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Week 9, Flooring and More

This week feels like we are on the home stretch of the house being finished. We are just under 30 days away from closing. There has been so much done, it’s crazy. We have tile, vinyl, and wood in already. The tile has been grouted and all the counter tops are in. The side walk is in too.  I’m loving everything we picked so far. There was a mistake I noticed this week which was they installed our kitchen counter backsplash lip, which they weren’t suppose too, as we did a change order for this not be installed. It looks very nice however we didn’t want it because we were going to add our own backsplash after closing ourselves. Yes, we can add the backsplash above it or remove it first, but it’s not what I want to have to do. So we will see if this gets removed without us asking, or if we have to bring it up. Looks like touches up will be next week along with carpet and finishing up the final trades. We did notice another thing this week. Our option sheet had the wrong shower floor tile. It's already installed and we didn't catch the mistake until now. We selected almond but they had gray on our paper work and installed. We are going to bring this up to see what they can do, as this cost us a pretty penny to even have the shower tile floor, $900, at that price they should fix it. I know it's gray on the paperwork, but we were told we could only have almond color with the tile we selected, so it was clearly a typo I didn't catch. There was also a couple of chips in the tile the installed in the shower wall, this will need to be corrected. However the shower looks amazing with the tile installed, loved what we picked. I'm in love with the flooring we picked.

 






4 comments:

  1. YAY! It's coming together beautifully. I have to tell you, I have no clue what color door you have, but I just love it. And I love your siding because no one else has it. It looks great. Can you believe you guys are that close to closing? It's crazy but so exciting. :) I hope your tile gets changed.. I can't imagine that it won't. But your shower/tub tile is just gorgeous. Love the look to it. And the little back deck thing they added to your alls homes... I think it makes such an awesome difference with the column. I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen and bathroom are just stunning! Oh and the flooring tile! What I am most envious of is your HUGE air conditioner. We were given a 2.5 ton and I worry it won't keep up with a really hot summer. Your house will stay nice and cozy! As for the little nicks and dings, just mention it. They'll fix it. Every time I walked through I brought stuff up to anyone I could find. (but I also bought them beer or coffee & doughnuts so they all put up with me) Then after the PM walked through with his tape to mark fixes, I walked right behind him with my own blue tape to mark the fixes I wanted. The more eyes, the better. Wow, 30 days!! Get some sleep now... you're going to need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your choices! Your front door is such a nice color. It looks really good with your siding. Hopefully they'll fix the tile floor for you in the shower, but the gray looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow everything is beautiful already, I love all of your choices! The bathroom is especially stunning and I don't think I've seen that color tile yet!

    ReplyDelete