We blogged about the building process of our house to document it for ourselves and to help others. Our house is finished and we have moved in and we love our home. Building a house isn't a process that goes perfectly, no matter what builder you pick, and this is our story. Every problem we had during the building process has been made right by Ryan homes. This isn't complaint blog, its how we felt at the time of our post during the building process.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Update on fire hydrant

I heard back about the fire hydrant. It’s not going to be move, after I was told it could be. I did some research myself and it can be move as long as they are willing to submit a new permit and where they/I want to move it to doesn’t make the distance between the next one more than what’s allowed (1000 feet). I didn't measure, but I understand why they won’t, what I don’t understand is why they lied to us in the first place when we asked where the fire hydrants would be.  It's not an options to change lots they said.


Our other options are selling our 3rd vehicle, parking in front of someone else’s house (rude), or blocking one of the car in the garage. I vote to sell it, lol.


 I won’t be trusting anyone else to help me read the plans after this. This is the reason I wanted a copy of plans. With all that being said I’m over it and letting it go, but I won't forget.

 

The two most important things when someone else is building your house is commutation and quality.


In the end quality will be the only thing that matters, if we have that I will be a happy camper.


4 comments:

  1. Ahh Im so sorry. Well I would continue to park there and when I got a ticket I would sent it to RH headquarters. LOL.

    I have no idea why you CANT move lots????? Is that Ryan telling you that? If so, you lot is now not what was promised and I see no reason why they wont let you. IF there is another lot you like I would press the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They said we can't move lots because we are too far along, but sure what timeline that is because we haven't broken ground, but maybe they submitted our permits already. The reality is I don't really want to move lots, I picked ours for the reason of it being the biggest without being on a corner. So I'm okay with that no, just surprise. Our SR told us this by the way. We have notice a place to park our 3rd vehicle on the street not in front of someone else's house. Across the street one house down on our street is the side yard of someone else's house (as their house is turned with its side facing our neighbors front) would be an okay space to park if we don't sell it. Not the best but at least it's not directly in front of someone's house. I did find a blog about someone else that had the same problem with fire hydrant with their builder and they got it moved, after a lot leg work their realtor did. We didn't use a realtor, and It was my fault because verbal agreement means nothing in court and it was on the plans. I still think I might have picked the same lot even if I knew or maybe my neighbors (they actually wanted our lot at first but we beat them to the paperwork by a couple of hours) they have the next biggest lot with being a corner lot, but their front looks at someone's side, I'm not a big fan of that. I'm not a fan of everything, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you guys really need a third vehicle? You could always ask a neighbor if they would mind you parking it on their side streets but if you don't need it then sell it and use the profits to buy more pretty stuff for your new house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion we don't need it, but my husband thinks we do. Its a truck, need a say more, lol.

    ReplyDelete