We blogged about the building process of our house to document it for ourselves and to help others. Our house is finished and we have moved in and we love our home. Building a house isn't a process that goes perfectly, no matter what builder you pick, and this is our story. Every problem we had during the building process has been made right by Ryan homes. This isn't complaint blog, its how we felt at the time of our post during the building process.

Friday, December 19, 2014

We had our Pre-construction meeting

We finally had our pre-construction meeting this week. It lasted about an hour and half, my husband loves to chat, lol. It was great getting to meet our project manager. He seems really big on following up on the details.  Not all my questions were able to be answered at this stage, since we are still have some time before we break ground. I will post the answers I got next week sometime. We got a new estimated start date of 2/9, which could change depending on how long the county takes on approving our permits. Which would give us a closing date in early May. I prefer to close at the end of a month to be able to skip the first month having a mortgage payment, but we will see. I did find out where the electrical and cables boxes go the lot can't be answered because the power company can put them wherever and don't tell you beforehand. O well it's not like if we knew we could change the location anyways. I did forgot about one thing at our meeting that we didn't go over, our red flag for the tile floor in the master shower. I had a list with me but my husband was holding it, a lot of good that did, my list in his hands, lol. I think that's the only thing we missed going over but I will be sure to bring it up later.

I'm still happy with the delay at this stage, but I'm sure that will change once I move back in with my parents during the build. 4 months of living in a house totaling 6 adults, 1 kid, 4 dogs, 1 cat, and a talking parrot, sounds like fun. :) but very thankful.

3 comments:

  1. I understand about closing at the end of the month. We asked about that and was told that we'll be able to skip a month's payment pending the closing date. I'm looking forward to our pre-construction meeting and will be dragging many of the questions that you asked in to our meeting. Hopefully our Project Manager is as pleasant and patient as yours sound. I'll be hoping that your start and completion date stands firm...i know how frustrating delays can be.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the floor-plan you picked - I wish that model was available in our area. Best of luck with the build. We are already under way (permits must get done faster here - we both had our pre construction meetings at the same time). They are pouring our foundation walls this week.

    Keep posting and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog! I am DW and I am veteran. I will be in our Savoy 2 years this month. And what a journey it has been. Please reach out to me for any questions. Always happy to help. I continue to blog about projects and still some bumps in the road with ryan. Please follow me.
    dwtimes2.blogspot.com.
    Looking forward to your progress, this was the fun time for our family :) ENJOY and Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete