We blogged about the building process of our house to document it for ourselves and to help others. Our house is finished and we have moved in and we love our home. Building a house isn't a process that goes perfectly, no matter what builder you pick, and this is our story. Every problem we had during the building process has been made right by Ryan homes. This isn't complaint blog, its how we felt at the time of our post during the building process.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Got our start date and some more information on questions we had.

We got our construction start date, October 13, 2014. We are so excited. I also got a couple questions I had answered. Like what the front door looked liked. We didn't want a door with a big window and the good news no window. We also wanted to know what the shower door looked like. We were scared it would look out dated not getting a frameless shower, but we actual really like the frame. So we will keep it for now, we are switch it out later. I want to leave some home improvement projects to do later, I enjoy little projects (keyword little). I also had questions about our HVAC and water heater.  We don't have model numbers yet but we got the size of water heater (80 gallons) and the brand if the HVAC. Pictures of the shower frame and front door inside are below (ours will be brushed nickel instead of the oil rubbed bronze in picture).

We have now scheduled our pre construction meeting for a couple days before. Trying to think of other questions to ask during our meeting, if you have any ideas for questions let us know.

3 comments:

  1. So we both have the same start date! Very exciting. I'm sure they are going to be super busy getting all of us rolling. But it's gonna be real soon! :) can't wait to go thru this together. I'm glad you found me! For some reason I can't see the pictures you posted, but I'm glad you think the shower looks nice. That was my concern, too. So maybe we will hold off as well?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized the pictures didn't upload correctly, I think I fixed it now. I cant wait to get started. It's perfect time for a birthday present for me :) I can't wait for the lot signs to be up, so we can go checkout our lots.

      I was so surprised when I found your blog, I knew just by looking at your pictures of the dirt and tree line that we were in the same neighborhood. I told my fiance and he thought I was crazy. Then we saw the picture of your family with the SR, then he believed me.

      Delete
  2. I know! I can't wait for the lot signs either. :) we have an idea where we are but I'd love to see the exact marker, you know? But yep, we are DEFINITELY in the same neighborhood. And Hemingway builders are hard to find as it is! Haha

    ReplyDelete